Article no.: HSK Antioxidants
Antioxidants are molecules that inhibits the oxidation of other molecules.
- Click & Collect from 1 € 0.00 Incl. 0.00% VATLocal pick-up
- DHL from 1 € 0.00 € 5.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- DHL Express from 1 € 0.00 € 11.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery on the next day
- Fedex from 1 € 0.00 € 6.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- TNT from 1 € 0.00 € 8.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
Antioxidants are molecules that inhibits the oxidation of other molecules. Oxidation is a chemical reaction that can damage the cells of organic matters such as food and feed products (flour and oils), cosmetics, rubber and gasoline. The oxidation produces free radicals that lead to chain reactions, and the antioxidants stop these processes and thus the matter is preserved.
Antioxidants are present naturally or can be produced artificially. They are produced as both synthetic and as natural antioxidants. Vitamins (e.g. A, B, C, D, E) are naturally present antioxidants whereas the most used types of artificially produced antioxidants are
- synthetic antioxidants, ethoxyquin (E324), BHA (E320)
- natural antioxidants, Tocopherols (E306-309).
Examples of applications
Antioxidants are used in a variety of applications. In food and feed products where it is applied in fish meal to prevent the oxidation of the matter and in fish- and vegetable oil, to prevent the oil from becoming rancid. Antioxidants are used as a preservative in cosmetics, inhibitor in rubber and to prevent deterioration of gasoline.
- Product is available in various packaging