Responsibility for environment and society
Being a successful chemicals marketing organisation operating on an international scale, we assign immense importance to responsible handling of our products. Safety and care rank first and foremost, both during transportation, storage, filling and mixing. This is intended to protect mankind and the environment; at the same time however, this secures the innovative strength and competitiveness of our Company. We perceive our extensive quality management as a contribution towards making our Company fit for the future.
Moreover, with its certification as per ISO-14001 as well as participation in the "Responsible Care“ program, HELM Skandinavien is committed to sustainable management of resources.
We also support the "Global Compact" of the United Nations, which pursues social and ecological objectives. We actively try to achieve within our means the implementation of the mentioned principles in our direct sphere of influence.
The 10 principles of the UN "Global Compact":
- Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights in our sphere of influence
- No participation in human rights abuses
- Respect the freedom of association
- Elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Effective abolition of child labour
- Elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Work against corruption in all its forms including extortion and bribery